DESCRIPTION: The The DV XX-2 MKII retains the benefit of the flux damper but features the Alinco-5 magnet and the similar rigid construction to the Te Kaitora Rua. Alnico magnets exhibit high magnetic flux density combining with a low coercive therefore magnetic resistance is lower than other magnetic types such as rare earth and ferrite, providing the exceptional stability of the XX-2 MKII output voltage. There is also the additional advantage of low magnetic and electrical resistance contributing to a discernable improvement in sound quality.
The XX-2MKII also exhibits deep powerful bass, treble is both clear and lively possessing none of the hardness found in many moving coil designs.
- Type: Low output moving coil cartridge with Alnico magnet and Flux damper
- Output Voltage: 0.28mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec.)
- Channel Separation: 30 dB (at 1KHz)
- Channel balance: 1.0 dB (at 1KHz)
- Frequency response: 20 - 20,000Hz (± 1dB)
- Compliance: 10 mm/N
- Tracking force: 1.8 - 2.2 g
- Impedance: 6 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: > 30 ohms
- Cantilever: 6mm length 0.3 mm dia. solid boron
- Stylus tip: PF Line contact shape, stylus radius: 7 x 30 micron
- Weight: 8.9 g